Introduction
Cheery Onepint found an old chest half buried in her allotment in a village not far from here. Inside it there was lots of, mostly broken, pottery. Nobody else was interested so I brought it home. Soon I was making a list of the different types of things in the chest, fixing them where I could and taking photographs and making drawings. This was just up my street. I had just retired from the Council where one of my jobs was to look at old buildings and write reports about them. The money wasn’t much but I liked the work and now needed something to do.
Once the repairs had been done there were a lot of models of different types of people, animals and buildings and some tiles. The buildings and tiles are covered in drawings, and some paintings, showing the people working, sitting around or dancing about.
An artist friend of mine let me show what had been found in one of her exhibitions. People said it was really interesting and I should make it into a proper book. I have done this by making a the list of what was in the box and writing down my ideas about what it is all about, together with photographs, drawings and a poem.